1. 1 Packet (5/8oz) Active Dry Yeast
2. 2 Tablespoons Molasses
3. 1 Cup Warm Water
4. 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
5. 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6. 3 Cups (1lb) All-Purpose Flour (can substitute Whole Wheat Flour, ½ cup worked well)
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and molasses in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2.5 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well-floured surface. Knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. You may also place ingredients in a mixer with a dough hook and mix until you can window pane the dough. If the dough is too heavy and dry, add a couple TBS of water. Place the dough ball into an oiled bowl, or leave it in the mixer bowl, and cover with saran wrap. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size, this should take about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough, and form dough into two tight balls. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Allow the dough to relax for 10 minutes before rolling out. Roll out into two 12-14” pie.
5. With a fork poke holes into the dough everywhere except around the edges to keep air pockets from forming in the middle of your pizza.
6. Add your favorite toppings to each pie.
7. Bake pizza in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
PDF for easy printing. Mike Micallef’s Pizza Recipe PDF